Food Production Associate
Looking for a new opportunity?
Join our Team!
We are currently searching for Production Associates. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a rapidly expanding company. We are seeking dedicated individuals to join our team under the direction of the Production Management Team. *Must be I-9 compliant and pass a background check.
Who we are?
Home Chef is a fast-growing Chicago startup founded in 2013.
We are a subscription service that delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to our customers on a weekly basis. Our objective is to simplify and improve cooking so our customers both save time and cook better food. We have a team of talented, hard-working, and friendly people committed to success! Our team and work product is a testament to what collaboration, heart, and hustle can accomplish when combined. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
Second Shift: $11.00
Shift Hours: Friday-Tuesday: 4:30pm-1:00am
Days Off: Wednesdays and Thursdays
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for performing tasks according to standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices (BP). Some tasks include but not limited to, label proper packaging, portion ingredients to their appropriate measurements and meal bagging correct quantities as given by Line Lead and/or Team Lead.
Labeling, Portioning, & Meal Bagging:
- Must be able to receive direction from Supervisor, Line Lead and/or Team Lead to fulfill production requirements
- Must label packaging at the standard average rate
- Must know how to use proper measuring utensils to portion ingredients
- Attention to detail while picking ingredients in the meal bag process
- Ability to transition between tasks when needed
- Collecting production data
- Must work at a fast pace with attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team to reach shipping goals
- Required to follow all GMPs while onsite at the facilities
- Must keep work area clean at all times and assist in EOD clean ups
- Paid training
- Room for growth/promotions
- Being part of a fast growing start-up
Required Qualifications :
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- HS Diploma preferred but not required
- 6+ months of production/warehouse environment preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with others as a team