Food Production Associate
Home Chef is a fast-growing Chicago startup founded in 2013.
We are a subscription service that delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to our customers on a weekly basis.
Our objective is to simplify and improve cooking so our customers both save time and cook better food.
We have a team of talented, hard-working, and friendly people committed to success! We are currently searching for a production associate. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a rapidly expanding company. We are seeking dedicated individuals to join our team under the direction of the Production Manager.
PLEASE NOTE: Current location Archer and Cicero, effective February 2018 we will be moving to the location of Harlem and 65th St. in Bedford Park.
Second Shift: $11.00
Shift Hours: Friday-Tuesday: 4:30pm-1:00am
Days Off: Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Portion ingredients into packages, create meal bags, and pack meal bags into boxes
- Clean and maintain production facility
- Exposure to cold environment
- Must be able to work in a very cold environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand for long continuous periods (8hrs shift +)
- Must have basic Math Skills
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must send resume
- Located By Midway airport
- Paid training
- Room for growth/promotions
- Being part of a fast growing start-up
Required Qualifications :
- High School diploma or the equivalent preferred
- 1 year+ experience in a light manufacturing, distribution, warehousing, food preparation or similar industry / work environment a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic Math Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to meet attendance guidelines (may include holidays, weekends, and overtime)